Pages

RUNWAY REMIX

Roberto Cavalli's show for Spring '14 was cute. I've never really been a fan of the print combinations he uses although I do love leopard print. This collection was different though. The Just Cavalli brand is a diffusion line targeted towards a younger audience and we definitely were clear on that was definitely clear in the collection. The clothes were cool, young, and sexy with an edge. Sidenote: Yesterday I came across a picture of the first black Miss Universe, Miss Trinidad and Tobago Janelle Commissiong. As it turns out Mr. Cavalli judged that same Miss Universe event in 1977! That's major. Also interesting, it was there that Mr. Cavalli met his ex-wife Miss Austria Eva Duringer  - she ended up placing 2nd. What a coincidence, no?





That aside, I really enjoyed this collection. It touched on the 90s trend were currently experiencing for Spring 2014. His interpretation focused on 90s elements of grunge (t-shirtesque plaid) and and Clueless-like prep (the cut-out argyle was inspiring). He also infused the pieces with a touch of surfer-chic. The wetsuit-like pants would be a MUST HAVE if I could afford them. The set design was interesting, it gave me an early 2000 feel but as you see below I had to remix the music for the show. The beauty looks were great as well, they made the surf element cohesive and made me really wish I could pull off wet look hair. Overall the show was a win for me.

Love You Roberto Cavalli.



No comments:

Post a Comment