Pages

RUNWAY REMIX





I've been a fan of Canadian duo Dean and Dan Caten's work at Dsquared2 since the label first arrived on the scene in 2003.  As you can see from my previous post the early 2000s were everything for me because I was really beginning to effloresce into my fashion conscious teenagedom. A little history - the brothers went to Parson's to study fashion in 1983 but dropped out after a semester. They switched gears and created their own label, DEanDAN three years later. Fast forward two years, the pair became creative directors for Ports International (Ports 1961 now and a much different aesthetic) while simultaneously working on their new lower end endeavor - Tabi International. In 1991 they moved to Italy and worked as designers for the house of Gianna Versace (major!) as well as Italian denim brand Diesel. Finally, they debuted the brand they're currently know for, Dsquared2, with a men's collection in 1994 and a woman's extension in 2003.



I've always loved the portentousness of their shows and how the inspiration for their collections is very clear and apparent. The style is slightly reminiscent of brands like Moschino and Jeremy Scott (now designer of Moschino!) but they're done a little more sexily and urbane. I look forward to their shows every season because they'll have a point of view that's at the very opposite end of the spectrum of what other designers are doing. Soooo refreshing.

Love you Dean and Dan Caten.



In the above video I took it upon myself to remix the music for this show. I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time and I finally decided to learn how to do it. I'm in love with the result and will posting more Runway Remixes in the future. Enjoy. Also, watch it in HD!

No comments:

Post a Comment